Cosmetic testing requirements
The testing report for the registration or filing of cosmetics must be issued by the cosmetic registration and filing inspection institutions. The testing report shall conform to the requirement of the Technical Standards for Cosmetics, the Working Rules for Cosmetic Registration and Filing as well as other regulations. The testing reports cover:
- Microbial Test Report
- Physicochemical Test Report
- Toxicological Test Report
- Human Safety Test Report
Conditions under which toxicological tests are exempted
- Ordinary cosmetics manufacturers that have obtained the production quality management system certification issued by the local government (regional)
- The product safety risk assessment results can fully confirm the product safety; there are more than one manufacturer and all manufactures have obtained relevant qualification certifications issued by the competent authorities
Toxicological tests cannot be exempted in one of the following circumstances
- Products claimed to be used by infants and children;
- Product uses new cosmetic ingredient which is still under the safety monitoring;
- The filers, domestic responsible persons and the manufacturers are under priority supervision according to the results of quantitative grading and scoring
Physicochemical testing: 4 Heavy metals, diethylene glycol, dioxane, agricultural residues, phenol, sunscreen, pH, hair dye, α -hydroxy acid, dandruff removing agent, free formaldehyde, asbestos, type test, etc.
Microbial detection: total number of colonies, total number of molds and yeasts, heat-resistant coliforms, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, etc.
Toxicological tests: skin irritation,corrosiveness test, acute eye irritation, corrosiveness test, skin allergy test, skin photoallergy test, skin phototoxicity test etc.
Human efficacy test: sunscreen product efficacy test, skin freckle whitening efficacy test, hair product efficacy test, skin barrier function test, skin anti-aging test, cosmetic product efficacy evaluation, etc.
- Perfect laboratory construction
- Extensive experience in compliance with specifications
- Excellent technical skills
- Global service resources
- International elite Team
CIRS C&K Testing Cosmetic Laboratory has been accredited by China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS) and China Metrology Accreditation (CMA). It is also accredited by National Medical Products Administration. With complete equipment and excellent technical competence, CIRS C&K Testing Cosmetic Laboratory received recognition for its testing capabilities both at home and abroad. The Cosmetic Laboratory has created many patents, and has maintained close cooperation and in-depth communications with many national laboratories.
CIRS C&K Testing Cosmetic Team comprises of marketing team, customer service team, regulatory compliance team as well as the laboratory, with a total of over 60 staffs. The team keeps on enhancing technical skills and improving cosmetic service system. It is able to provide one-stop services to clients, including cosmetic regulations consulting, registration/filing, safety efficacy evaluation, testing, etc.
If you have any needs or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.