China’s regulation on disposable sanitary products has been strengthened gradually as the market in China is on rapid increase in recent years. Here are the standards regulating the disposable sanitary products in China:
- GB 15979—2002 Hygienic Standard for Disposable Sanitary Products
- GB 20810—2006 Bathroom Tissue (including Bathroom Tissue Base Paper)
- GB/T 8939—2008 Sanitary Absorbent pads (including Pantiliner) (Not mandatory)
Table 1 Type and Corresponding Standard of Products under Regulation
A small roll (piece) of paper handkerchief(s) (with its width ≤36cm, in roll, rectangle or other special shape)
GB 15979—2002 Hygienic Standard for Disposable Sanitary Products
A small roll (piece) of paper table cloth(s) or napkin(s) (with its width ≤36cm, in roll, rectangle or other special shape)
Paper clothing and its accessories (made of pulp, paper,cellulose wadding and cellulose fiber webs)
Paper sheets and similar products for family, hygiene and hospital (made of pulp, paper,cellulose wadding and cellulose fiber webs)
Pull-up baby diapers, diapers/nappies
Sanitary napkins (panty liners) and tampons
Diaper padding and similar products under the category
Bathroom tissue, facial tissue, napkins and similar paper (with its width ≤36cm in piece or roll, or length of one side >36cm and that of the other>15cm in rectangle)
GB 20810—2006 Bathroom Tissue (including Bathroom Tissue Base Paper)
A small roll (piece) of bathroom tissue paper(with its width ≤36cm, in roll, rectangle or other special shape)
Imported intermediate products under the above codes (exclusive of bathroom tissue and its base paper)
GB15979—2002 Hygienic Standard for Disposable Sanitary Products
All disposable sanitary products intended for import to China can clear the customs in case that they conform to the following requirements:
- The party to be inspected shall provide test reports issued by testing bodies accredited with CNAS qualification;
- Chinese identification shall be specified on the products;
- All disposable sanitary products, with damaged package, bad hygiene status, or beyond their expiry date, or mixing with waste and old products, shall be re-dispatches or destroyed.
C&K Testing, equipped with compliance testing lab for disposable sanitary products, can provide your products with reasonable testing plans.
Total bacteria colonies/ Bioburden
Pathogenic pyogenic bacteria: staphylococcus aureus, streptococcus hemolyticus
Total fungi colonies
Dermal irritation test
Vaginal mucosa irritation test
Dermal allergic action test
What can we do for you?
- Special offers for testing on a regular basis;
- Management and integration of suppliers for free;
- Sharing of the latest technical news;
- Door-to-door training and orientation for suppliers;
- Customised solutions.
Besides, we can render you one-stop solutions integrating consulting, testing and certification. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if any question. Staffed by experienced specialists, C&K Testing can assure you of the quality and safety of your products by our professional testing services as per different standards.