ECHA is looking for comments on nine proposals to identify new substances of very high concern. Give comments by 17 October 2022.
The substances and examples of their uses are:
- 4,4'-sulphonyldiphenol (bisphenol S; BPS) (EC 201-250-5, CAS 80-09-1). Used for the manufacture of pulp, paper and paper products, textile, leather or fur, and chemicals.
- Perfluoroheptanoic acid and its salts (EC -, CAS -). The substances are not registered under REACH.
- Melamine (EC 203-615-4, CAS 108-78-1). Used in polymers and resins, coating products, adhesives and sealants, leather treatment products, and laboratory chemicals.
- Isobutyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (EC 224-208-8, CAS 4247-02-3). Used in the manufacture of substances and in coating products, fillers, putties, plasters, modelling clay, and inks and toners.
- Bis(2-ethylhexyl) tetrabromophthalate covering any of the individual isomers and/or combinations thereof (EC -, CAS -). Used as a flame retardant and as a plasticiser for flexible polyvinylchloride and for use in wire and cable insulation, film and sheeting, carpet backing, coated fabrics, wall coverings and adhesives.
- Barium diboron tetraoxide (EC 237-222-4, CAS 13701-59-2). Used in paints and coatings.
- Reaction mass of 2,2,3,3,5,5,6,6-octafluoro-4-(1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropan-2-yl)morpholine and 2,2,3,3,5,5,6,6-octafluoro-4-(heptafluoropropyl)morpholine (FC-770) (EC 473-390-7, CAS -). Used in articles, by professional workers (widespread uses), in formulation or re-packing, at industrial sites and in manufacturing.
- 2,2',6,6'-tetrabromo-4,4'-isopropylidenediphenol (tetrabromobisphenol-A; TBBPA) (EC 201-236-9, CAS 79-94-7). Used as a reactive flame retardant and as an additive flame retardant in the manufacture of polymer resins, in products such as epoxy coated circuit boards, printed circuit boards, paper and textiles.
- 1,1'-[ethane-1,2-diylbisoxy]bis[2,4,6-tribromobenzene] (EC 253-692-3, CAS 37853-59-1). The substance is not registered under REACH.
The deadline for comments is 17 October 2022.
If you have any needs or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.